Tuesday 19 February 2013

Tuesday

Well, I did it, and not for the first time I went to my Doctor and told him that i needed some help. I told him that my current depression had been offset by an issue that is beyond my control and that I needed help to deal with it. I told him about my 'escape' to Wales and about my finishing my job at the school.

The doctor put me in touch with a counselling service, he told me that the rules had changed and that doctors didn't refer people for psychological help anymore and gave me a leaflet for the iapt - Improving Access to Psychological therapies. I had to phone them myself and register my details and then wait for a phone call  where I would be assessed, my phone assessment will be on 12 March - blimey! What a weird way of doing things.

I'm grateful that today I have set things in motion and started the process of getting help.

More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment